Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 6

Comprehension-based? Integrated framework? Or theory-driven CALL? These terms are quite scary when you have to design something related to IT teaching in the class. Definitely, the use of IT must first fit the learning goal. If the topic is more involved in skills building, I think generic model may be more useful.

To design what IT things to be used in a lesson is not simple. To fit the needs of learners is important; to cater the individual differences is more vital while time is always our enemy. We have lots of work to do but preparation cannot be forgotten. Sometimes I use the IT products produced by the publisher in teaching, surely, there are a lot of thing I do not like when using them. However, due to the limitation of time, what can I do? Even I try to prepare a PowerPoint presentation to my students, I still need to revise the structure, formate, chouce of words and level of difficulty every year. To be more interactive in class, we need to equip ourselves as an IT expert first. But does the application of IT stuff equals interactive lessons and beneficial to students?

No comments: